BRUSSELS, Aug 14 (Reuters) - The European Commission has received a text from the U.S. administration with suggestions about finalising a joint statement on trade and tariffs, a European Commission spokesman said in response to reporters' question on Thursday.
"We are happy to confirm that we have received a text from the US with their suggestions for getting closer to the final finalization of the document," the spokesman said.
The EU and the United States struck a framework trade deal in late July but only the baseline tariff of 15% has so far been implemented. The EU is still waiting for the White House to issue executive orders to cover carve-outs, such as on the automotive industry.