tradingkey.logo
tradingkey.logo
ค้นหา

UK mandates paid jobs for long-term unemployed youth

Cryptopolitan29 ก.ย. 2025 เวลา 0:25
facebooktwitterlinkedin
ดูความคิดเห็นทั้งหมด0

Chancellor Rachel Reeves will announce that the UK government will require every young person out of work or education for 18 months to take up a paid job.

Central to Labour’s Youth Guarantee programme, the plan represents one of the most radical attempts in years to address Britain’s persistent rates of long-term youth unemployment. In a speech at the Labour Party conference, Reeves will argue that she is committed to nothing less than the abolition of long-term youth unemployment.

Under the scheme, those aged 16-24 and out of work for at least 18 months would be given a job offer they would have to take. Those who decline could face sanctions, including a reduction in benefits.

Reeves will say the policy is not just about jobs, “It is also about dignity. “We will not allow a generation of young people to languish, without hope or prospects for the future — locked out from security and the fair chance that good work brings,” she will say.

The Labour government is adamant that this is not about punishing the young, but preventing them from being left behind in a shifting economy.

Budget will decide funding and scope

The scheme will be detailed in the Budget on November 26. Ministers will detail whether jobs will be directly funded by the government or subsidised through incentives to employers.

The scheme only applies to those in the specified age group and who have been on Universal Credit for 18 months. That means some groups of people — like young adults not claiming benefits, or the recently unemployed — will not be eligible.

Officials concede that it is hard to be certain that the scheme creates new jobs rather than filling those that would have been taken anyway. Critics fear the government could pay employers to create low-quality jobs with limited long-term value.

For years, unions and business organisations have called on the government to put money into youth jobs. The Trades Union Congress is calling for creating a permanent £1bn-a-year guarantee scheme, akin to those implemented during the 2009 financial crisis and the Covid pandemic.

The British Chambers of Commerce supported the principle of a subsidised jobs scheme but warned that many businesses were struggling with higher national insurance contributions and new employment protections. The group said last week that young people without work history would be left without opportunities unless the government helped cover the cost.

Rain Newton-Smith, chief executive of the CBI, said the plan was crucial for the economy but urged the government to provide more detail. She said the business group wanted to know how the scheme would operate and whether it would address rising employment costs.

Previous schemes shape the current plan

The UK has attempted similar programs in the past. The Future Jobs Fund, introduced in 2009, provided thousands of placements but was scrapped in 2010 as it was deemed too expensive. The Kickstart Scheme was established by Rishi Sunak during the pandemic to stave off a youth jobs crisis, but closed early after fewer than anticipated employers applied.

Reeves is framing this plan as narrower. By prioritising those who have been unemployed or not in education the longest, Labour hopes to break a cycle of exclusion.

Now one in eight 16-to-24-year-olds is not in work, education, or training, and that number has grown by almost a third over the past four years.

The government is already testing elements of the Youth Guarantee in so-called “trailblazer” areas that connect young people with apprenticeships, places at college, or support packages. Ministers also announced earlier this year that £3.8bn of funding would be available to help those with health conditions, making it more difficult for them to move into work.

However, skeptics, including international investors and domestic experts, warn that despite the momentum, serious structural challenges — such as skills shortages, regional inequality, and high cost of hiring — will make progress difficult.

Your crypto news deserves attention - KEY Difference Wire puts you on 250 top sites

ข้อจำกัดความรับผิดชอบ: ข้อมูลที่ให้ไว้บนเว็บไซต์นี้มีไว้เพื่อวัตถุประสงค์ทางการศึกษาและให้ข้อมูลเท่านั้น และไม่ควรถือเป็นคำแนะนำทางการเงินหรือการลงทุน

ความคิดเห็น (0)

คลิกปุ่ม $ ป้อนสัญลักษณ์ และเลือกเพื่อเชื่อมโยงหุ้น, กองทุน ETF หรือสัญลักษณ์หลักทรัพย์อื่น ๆ

0/500
แนวทางการแสดงความคิดเห็น
กำลังโหลด...

บทความแนะนำ

ผลกระทบที่อาจเกิดขึ้นจากการทำ IPO มูลค่า 2 ล้านล้านของ SpaceX ต่อผู้ถือหุ้น Tesla: ข้อเท็จจริง, การคาดการณ์ และสัญญาณการสังเกตที่ตรวจสอบได้สามประการ

SpaceX ได้ยื่นร่างแบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลการเสนอขายหลักทรัพย์ (S-1) แบบลับต่อคณะกรรมการกำกับหลักทรัพย์และตลาดหลักทรัพย์ของสหรัฐฯ เมื่อวันที่ 1 เมษายน 2026 โดยตั้งเป้ามูลค่าบริษัทที่ 2 ล้านล้านดอลลาร์ และวงเงินระดมทุน 7.5 หมื่นล้านดอลลาร์ การเข้าจดทะเบียนในตลาดหลักทรัพย์ซึ่งกำหนดไว้ในวันที่ 12 มิถุนายนนี้ มีแนวโน้มที่จะกลายเป็นการเสนอขายหุ้นแก่ประชาชนทั่วไปครั้งแรก (IPO) ที่มีขนาดใหญ่ที่สุดในประวัติศาสตร์ของตลาดทุนโลก อย่างไรก็ตาม คำถามสำคัญไม่ใช่ "เหตุใดจึงเข้าจดทะเบียนในตลาดทั้งที่มีเงินทุนเพียงพออยู่แล้ว" แต่คือ "การจดทะเบียนในครั้งนี้จะบรรลุวัตถุประสงค์ใดกันแน่" บทความนี้แยกข้อเท็จจริงออกจากการคาดการณ์อย่างเคร่งครัด โดยวิเคราะห์เจาะลึกกฎการคัดเลือกหลักทรัพย์เข้าดัชนีแบบเร่งด่วนของ Nasdaq, ความเหลื่อมล้ำในอำนาจการควบคุมผ่านโครงสร้างหุ้นสองประเภท (Dual-class control) ของ Elon Musk และเงื่อนไขมูลค่า 2 ล้านล้านดอลลาร์ภายในแผนค่าตอบแทนปี 2025 ของ Tesla นอกจากนี้ ยังมีการระบุถึง 3 สัญญาณที่สามารถตรวจสอบได้อย่างอิสระในช่วง 60 วันข้างหน้า เพื่อช่วยให้ผู้ถือหุ้นของ Tesla สามารถรักษาการตัดสินใจอย่างเป็นกลางท่ามกลางทฤษฎีสมคบคิดและ "ปรากฏการณ์แรงดึงดูด" (magnet effects) ของตลาด

วัน IPO ของ SpaceX เลื่อนเร็วขึ้นเป็นวันที่ 12 มิถุนายน: นักลงทุนควรจับตามองอะไรบ้าง? นักลงทุนในยุโรปและเอเชียจะสามารถซื้อหุ้น SpaceX ได้อย่างไร? ผลกระทบต่อตลาดสหรัฐฯ ในวงกว้างคืออะไร?

TradingKey - เมื่อวันศุกร์ที่ผ่านมา (15 พฤษภาคม) เดอะ วอลล์ สตรีท เจอร์นัล รายงานโดยอ้างอิงแหล่งข่าวที่เกี่ยวข้องว่า SpaceX ของอีลอน มัสก์ มีแผนที่จะเข้าจดทะเบียนในตลาดหลักทรัพย์ Nasdaq อย่างเป็นทางการในวันที่ 12 มิถุนายน ภายใต้ชื่อย่อหลักทรัพย์ “SPCX” โดยมีเป้าหมายการระดมทุนที่คาดการณ์ไว้ที่ 80,000 ล้านดอลลาร์สหรัฐ หรือมากกว่านั้น หากประสบความสำเร็จ การดำเนินการครั้งนี้จะกลายเป็นการเสนอขายหุ้นใหม่แก่ประชาชนทั่วไปเป็นครั้งแรก (IPO) ที่มีมูลค่าสูงที่สุดในประวัติศาสตร์โลก ซึ่งข้อมูลที่เปิดเผยออกมานี้ระบุถึงกำหนดการที่เร็วกว่าแผนการทำ IPO เดิมอย่างมีนัยสำคัญ
ข่าวสารที่สูงสุด
link
ราคาทองคำร่วงลงต่ำกว่า 4,500 ดอลลาร์. โกลด์แมนมีมุมมองเชิงบวก ในขณะที่เจพีมอร์แกนปรับลดราคาเป้าหมายทองคำ; สภาวะตลาดทองคำขาขึ้นจะกลับมาในปี 2026 หรือไม่?
SpaceX แตกหุ้นก่อนทำ IPO, ผลกระทบต่อหุ้นสหรัฐฯ คืออะไร? นักลงทุนรายย่อยควรสังเกตอะไร?
ผลกระทบที่อาจเกิดขึ้นจากการทำ IPO มูลค่า 2 ล้านล้านของ SpaceX ต่อผู้ถือหุ้น Tesla: ข้อเท็จจริง, การคาดการณ์ และสัญญาณการสังเกตที่ตรวจสอบได้สามประการ
รายงานผลประกอบการของ Nvidia กำลังจะมาถึง: นักลงทุนควรให้ความสำคัญกับสิ่งใดมากที่สุด?
หุ้น Micron และ SanDisk ปรับตัวเพิ่มขึ้นท่ามกลางการประท้วงหยุดงานของ Samsung ที่กำลังจะเกิดขึ้น ขณะที่ดัชนีเซมิคอนดักเตอร์ฟิลาเดลเฟียดีดตัวกลับ
KeyAI