tradingkey.logo
tradingkey.logo
ค้นหา

Treasury Secretary concedes Congress would need to green light Trump's $2,000 tariff checks

Cryptopolitan17 พ.ย. 2025 เวลา 11:54
facebooktwitterlinkedin
ดูความคิดเห็นทั้งหมด0

U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent revealed today that the proposed $2,000 tariff checks on Americans would need congressional approval. President Donald Trump proposed the tariff checks, intended for working families, but estimates suggest that the program could cost the country up to $600 billion.

Bessent spoke on Fox News Sunday Morning Futures, emphasizing that the Trump administration has no unilateral authority to authorize large-scale direct payouts. He stressed that the administration would require approval from Congress.

According to Bessent, the payments are intended for working families and would include income limits as part of the administration’s broader economic solutions. 

Bessent says Americans earning over $100K won’t receive a dime

The tariff dividend payments idea was first brought to light in August by the current President Donald Trump. He noted that billions of dollars in tariff revenue would fund the redistribution of funds directly to Americans.

Based on his Truth Social post, Trump said that the dividend of at least $2,000 per person, excluding high-income families, would be paid to most Americans. He added that the leftovers would be used to reduce the national debt.

Trump described the payments as a way to return tariff proceeds to the public while fulfilling the goals of reducing the national debt. 

Scott Bessent suggested that the payments may not come as checks, but could take the form of tariff-funded tax relief. This could come as no taxes on tips, overtime, or Social Security. He emphasized that no formal plan had yet been finalized. Bessent further noted that any payments would be targeted to working families with income limits to exclude higher earners. 

For instance, the COVID-19 era stimulus targeted individuals making up to $75,000 and married couples not exceeding $150,000 a year. The Treasury Secretary reiterated that everything is on the table in terms of policy options that aim to support working families.

According to a recent Cryptopolitan report, Bessent also noted that Americans earning over $100,000 a year may not receive a dime from the proposed $2,000 paychecks. 

This is not the first time Trump has advocated for such an initiative. During the COVID-19 era, the President proposed $2,000 pandemic relief payments in late 2020. The initiative was enacted in part by President Joe Biden under the American Rescue Plan.

Based on U.S.  Treasury data, approximately 476 million payments were made as stimulus over three rounds totaling $814 billion towards U.S. households. 

Paul Kruger says Trump’s initiative is deeply irresponsible

Nobel laureate Paul Krugman described the latest initiative by President Trump to offer $2,000 paychecks as deeply irresponsible. He warns that repeating large-scale cash injections could trigger inflation. He also criticized the plan, citing the federal deficit, which is approaching $2 trillion.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which is a non-partisan watchdog group, estimated that the $2,000 tariff checks may cost the U.S. roughly $600 billion if modeled like the COVID-19 stimulus packages.

The cost goes up nearly twice the projected tariff revenue for 2025, which economists estimate at $300 billion. As of September, only $195 billion had been collected. The Committee argued that tariff revenue alone would not cover the cost of the proposed payouts.

Source: U.S. Department of the Treasury, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB.org)

In addition to the short revenue collection, some tariffs under the revenue estimates were placed under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) and have been subject to review by the Supreme Court.  According to customs law experts, if the court invalidates the tariffs, the available funds under the projected $300 billion revenue could be reduced and temporarily increase borrowing needs and further complicate fiscal planning. 

Despite the backlash from several officials, Trump and his administration framed the plan as a solution to rising costs of living. So far, the proposal has not made any official development; it’s still under the fate of congressional action and legal outcomes regarding tariffs.

Get seen where it counts. Advertise in Cryptopolitan Research and reach crypto’s sharpest investors and builders.

ข้อจำกัดความรับผิดชอบ: ข้อมูลที่ให้ไว้บนเว็บไซต์นี้มีไว้เพื่อวัตถุประสงค์ทางการศึกษาและให้ข้อมูลเท่านั้น และไม่ควรถือเป็นคำแนะนำทางการเงินหรือการลงทุน

ความคิดเห็น (0)

คลิกปุ่ม $ ป้อนสัญลักษณ์ และเลือกเพื่อเชื่อมโยงหุ้น, กองทุน ETF หรือสัญลักษณ์หลักทรัพย์อื่น ๆ

0/500
แนวทางการแสดงความคิดเห็น
กำลังโหลด...

บทความแนะนำ

SpaceX ยื่นเอกสารต่อ SEC อย่างเป็นทางการ. เจาะลึกร่างหนังสือชี้ชวนการเสนอขายหุ้น IPO ครั้งใหญ่ที่สุดในประวัติศาสตร์: Starlink คิดเป็น 70% ของรายได้, ค่าใช้จ่ายด้าน R&D พุ่งสูงขึ้น 125%

Tradingkey - ตามการเปิดเผยข้อมูลจากสำนักงานคณะกรรมการกำกับหลักทรัพย์และตลาดหลักทรัพย์ของสหรัฐฯ (SEC) เมื่อวันที่ 20 พฤษภาคม SpaceX ซึ่งเป็นโครงการ IPO ครั้งใหญ่ที่สุดเป็นประวัติการณ์ของ Elon Musk ได้ยื่นเอกสารต่อ SEC อย่างเป็นทางการแล้ว รายงานระบุว่า SpaceX ได้ยื่นเอกสารแบบลับต่อคณะกรรมการในเดือนเมษายน โดยมีผู้จัดการการจัดจำหน่ายหลักทรัพย์ ได้แก่ Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, BofA Securities, Citi และ J.P. Morgan Securities ทั้งนี้ SpaceX จะออกหุ้นสามัญสองประเภท ได้แก่ หุ้นสามัญประเภท A (1 สิทธิออกเสียงต่อหุ้น) และหุ้นสามัญประเภท B (10 สิทธิออกเสียงต่อหุ้น) หนังสือชี้ชวนเปิดเผยว่า Musk ถือครองสิทธิออกเสียงรวมกันร้อยละ 85.1 ซึ่งประกอบด้วยหุ้นประเภท A ร้อยละ 12.3 และหุ้นประเภท B ร้อยละ 93.6 ในส่วนของข้อมูลทางการเงิน สำหรับปีงบประมาณสิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม ตั้งแต่ปี 2023 ถึง 2025 บริษัทมีรายได้ 1.0387 หมื่นล้านดอลลาร์, 1.4015 หมื่นล้านดอลลาร์ และ 1...

วิกฤตการประท้วงหยุดงานของ Samsung คลี่คลายลงชั่วคราว: ปรับขึ้นค่าจ้าง 6.2%, โบนัสแผนกชิป 10.5%, หุ้นพุ่งขึ้นกว่า 6%

TradingKey - Samsung Electronics และผู้นำสหภาพแรงงานบรรลุข้อตกลงด้านค่าจ้างขั้นต้นเมื่อคืนวันพุธที่ผ่านมา ซึ่งช่วยยับยั้งการนัดหยุดงานประท้วงครั้งใหญ่ที่มีกำหนดการเดิมในวันพฤหัสบดีได้ในนาทีสุดท้าย ราคาหุ้นของ Samsung ทะยานขึ้นมากกว่า 6% ในช่วงต้นของการซื้อขายวันพฤหัสบดี ขณะที่สัญญาซื้อขายล่วงหน้า KOSPI 200 ปรับตัวเพิ่มขึ้น 5% ส่งผลให้เกิดการใช้มาตรการพักการซื้อขายชั่วคราว (Circuit Breaker) ณ เวลา 10:21 น. ตามเวลาโซล ของวันที่ 21 พฤษภาคม ราคาหุ้นของ Samsung อยู่ที่ระดับ 293,500 วอน ปรับตัวเพิ่มขึ้น 6.25%
ข่าวสารที่สูงสุด
link
แนวโน้มหุ้น Micron Technology: หุ้น MU จะสามารถพุ่งทะยานเหนือระดับ 1,000 ดอลลาร์ในปี 2026 ได้หรือไม่?
ราคาทองคำร่วงลงต่ำกว่า 4,500 ดอลลาร์. โกลด์แมนมีมุมมองเชิงบวก ในขณะที่เจพีมอร์แกนปรับลดราคาเป้าหมายทองคำ; สภาวะตลาดทองคำขาขึ้นจะกลับมาในปี 2026 หรือไม่?
SpaceX แตกหุ้นก่อนทำ IPO, ผลกระทบต่อหุ้นสหรัฐฯ คืออะไร? นักลงทุนรายย่อยควรสังเกตอะไร?
การ IPO ของ SpaceX ประจวบเหมาะกับการทดสอบบินครั้งแรกของ Starship V3 Musk ต้องประสบความสำเร็จในครั้งนี้. ความสำเร็จหรือความล้มเหลวของการ IPO ที่มีมูลค่าประเมิน 1.75 ล้านล้านดอลลาร์ขึ้นอยู่กับสิ่งนี้หรือไม่?
รายงานผลประกอบการของ Nvidia กำลังจะมาถึง: นักลงทุนควรให้ความสำคัญกับสิ่งใดมากที่สุด?
KeyAI