tradingkey.logo
tradingkey.logo
ค้นหา

Scott Bessent says a U.S.-China rare earths deal could be finalized before Thanksgiving

Cryptopolitan16 พ.ย. 2025 เวลา 21:49
facebooktwitterlinkedin
ดูความคิดเห็นทั้งหมด0

A rare earths deal between the United States and China is moving toward a finish line that could land before Thanksgiving, according to Fox News.

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, who spoke on the network’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” said the agreement is coming together after the meeting between President Donald Trump and President Xi Jinping in South Korea, and he made it clear this timeline is what both governments are working toward.

Scott said the deal follows the framework agreement both sides announced last month. That agreement stopped Washington from hitting Chinese imports with 100% tariffs, and in return, Beijing paused its plan to bring in a new export licensing system that would have restricted access to rare earth minerals and magnets.

These minerals are essential to U.S. manufacturing, defense systems, and crypto mining hardware, so the pressure around this piece of trade has been intense.

Scott said, “I am confident that post our meeting in Korea between the two leaders, President Trump, President Xi, that China will honor their agreements,” and he delivered that line with the expectation that the rare earths issue is close to being wrapped up.

Scott also pushed back on a Wall Street Journal report that said Chinese officials planned to restrict rare earth supplies to American companies with military ties. He said that the claim was wrong and said he expects Beijing to follow the commitments made in Korea.

With that, he tried to shut down speculation that China would use rare earths as leverage in the defense space.

USDA numbers show weak Chinese demand for U.S. soybeans

While Scott tried to show confidence about rare earths, a different part of the Trump‑Xi meeting is already falling apart.

On Friday, the U.S. Department of Agriculture released new data showing only two Chinese purchases of American soybeans since the summit in Korea.

Those two shipments totaled 332,000 metric tons, which is nowhere close to the 12 million metric tons that Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins said China agreed to buy by January. It also falls far short of the 25 million metric tons Brooke said China would buy in each of the next three years.

Farmers had hopes that China, their biggest customer, would return to buying U.S. soybeans after the summit. But Tanner Ehmke, the lead economist for grains and oilseed at CoBank, said China has no reason to rush back to the U.S. market.

Tanner explained that China already has large supplies from Brazil and other South American countries, and because U.S. soybeans still face a 24% tariff, even after a 10‑point cut, American beans remain more expensive.

Tanner said, “We are still not even close to what has been advertised from the U.S. in terms of what the agreement would have been,” and made it clear that Beijing has not confirmed any detailed purchase promises.

Beijing has only said there is “consensus” on expanding trade in farm goods. Tanner said even if China did agree to buy soybeans, the agreement might only apply if prices drop to a level Beijing considers attractive.

That leaves the farm side of the Trump‑Xi deal floating in uncertainty.

Soybean prices drop as Trump says China will buy more

Trump told reporters on Sunday that his team spoke with Chinese officials and were told that China will be buying more soybeans, though he did not say how much.

Trump said, “They’re in the process of doing not only a little bit but they’ll be doing a lot of soybean purchases,” but without numbers or timing, markets were not convinced.

On Friday, soybean prices dropped 23 cents to $11.24 per bushel after the USDA report came out.

Tanner said the price drop was the market reacting to “the lack of Chinese demand that was confirmed in USDA data today.”

Prices were still higher than the $10.60 per bushel seen before the Korea meeting, but traders said that without major new purchases, the price could drop again.

Before the trade agreement, Trump promised farmers an aid package to help them handle the losses from the China trade war.

That aid was put on hold during the shutdown, and now it’s unclear if the White House will offer a new package like the one Trump gave during his first term.

Farmers are waiting, and the pressure is building, as the soybean side of the deal now looks far weaker than the rare earths side.

Get up to $30,050 in trading rewards when you join Bybit today

ข้อจำกัดความรับผิดชอบ: ข้อมูลที่ให้ไว้บนเว็บไซต์นี้มีไว้เพื่อวัตถุประสงค์ทางการศึกษาและให้ข้อมูลเท่านั้น และไม่ควรถือเป็นคำแนะนำทางการเงินหรือการลงทุน

ความคิดเห็น (0)

คลิกปุ่ม $ ป้อนสัญลักษณ์ และเลือกเพื่อเชื่อมโยงหุ้น, กองทุน ETF หรือสัญลักษณ์หลักทรัพย์อื่น ๆ

0/500
แนวทางการแสดงความคิดเห็น
กำลังโหลด...

บทความแนะนำ

SpaceX ยื่นเอกสารต่อ SEC อย่างเป็นทางการ. เจาะลึกร่างหนังสือชี้ชวนการเสนอขายหุ้น IPO ครั้งใหญ่ที่สุดในประวัติศาสตร์: Starlink คิดเป็น 70% ของรายได้, ค่าใช้จ่ายด้าน R&D พุ่งสูงขึ้น 125%

Tradingkey - ตามการเปิดเผยข้อมูลจากสำนักงานคณะกรรมการกำกับหลักทรัพย์และตลาดหลักทรัพย์ของสหรัฐฯ (SEC) เมื่อวันที่ 20 พฤษภาคม SpaceX ซึ่งเป็นโครงการ IPO ครั้งใหญ่ที่สุดเป็นประวัติการณ์ของ Elon Musk ได้ยื่นเอกสารต่อ SEC อย่างเป็นทางการแล้ว รายงานระบุว่า SpaceX ได้ยื่นเอกสารแบบลับต่อคณะกรรมการในเดือนเมษายน โดยมีผู้จัดการการจัดจำหน่ายหลักทรัพย์ ได้แก่ Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, BofA Securities, Citi และ J.P. Morgan Securities ทั้งนี้ SpaceX จะออกหุ้นสามัญสองประเภท ได้แก่ หุ้นสามัญประเภท A (1 สิทธิออกเสียงต่อหุ้น) และหุ้นสามัญประเภท B (10 สิทธิออกเสียงต่อหุ้น) หนังสือชี้ชวนเปิดเผยว่า Musk ถือครองสิทธิออกเสียงรวมกันร้อยละ 85.1 ซึ่งประกอบด้วยหุ้นประเภท A ร้อยละ 12.3 และหุ้นประเภท B ร้อยละ 93.6 ในส่วนของข้อมูลทางการเงิน สำหรับปีงบประมาณสิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม ตั้งแต่ปี 2023 ถึง 2025 บริษัทมีรายได้ 1.0387 หมื่นล้านดอลลาร์, 1.4015 หมื่นล้านดอลลาร์ และ 1...

วิกฤตการประท้วงหยุดงานของ Samsung คลี่คลายลงชั่วคราว: ปรับขึ้นค่าจ้าง 6.2%, โบนัสแผนกชิป 10.5%, หุ้นพุ่งขึ้นกว่า 6%

TradingKey - Samsung Electronics และผู้นำสหภาพแรงงานบรรลุข้อตกลงด้านค่าจ้างขั้นต้นเมื่อคืนวันพุธที่ผ่านมา ซึ่งช่วยยับยั้งการนัดหยุดงานประท้วงครั้งใหญ่ที่มีกำหนดการเดิมในวันพฤหัสบดีได้ในนาทีสุดท้าย ราคาหุ้นของ Samsung ทะยานขึ้นมากกว่า 6% ในช่วงต้นของการซื้อขายวันพฤหัสบดี ขณะที่สัญญาซื้อขายล่วงหน้า KOSPI 200 ปรับตัวเพิ่มขึ้น 5% ส่งผลให้เกิดการใช้มาตรการพักการซื้อขายชั่วคราว (Circuit Breaker) ณ เวลา 10:21 น. ตามเวลาโซล ของวันที่ 21 พฤษภาคม ราคาหุ้นของ Samsung อยู่ที่ระดับ 293,500 วอน ปรับตัวเพิ่มขึ้น 6.25%
ข่าวสารที่สูงสุด
link
แนวโน้มหุ้น Micron Technology: หุ้น MU จะสามารถพุ่งทะยานเหนือระดับ 1,000 ดอลลาร์ในปี 2026 ได้หรือไม่?
ราคาทองคำร่วงลงต่ำกว่า 4,500 ดอลลาร์. โกลด์แมนมีมุมมองเชิงบวก ในขณะที่เจพีมอร์แกนปรับลดราคาเป้าหมายทองคำ; สภาวะตลาดทองคำขาขึ้นจะกลับมาในปี 2026 หรือไม่?
SpaceX แตกหุ้นก่อนทำ IPO, ผลกระทบต่อหุ้นสหรัฐฯ คืออะไร? นักลงทุนรายย่อยควรสังเกตอะไร?
การ IPO ของ SpaceX ประจวบเหมาะกับการทดสอบบินครั้งแรกของ Starship V3 Musk ต้องประสบความสำเร็จในครั้งนี้. ความสำเร็จหรือความล้มเหลวของการ IPO ที่มีมูลค่าประเมิน 1.75 ล้านล้านดอลลาร์ขึ้นอยู่กับสิ่งนี้หรือไม่?
รายงานผลประกอบการของ Nvidia กำลังจะมาถึง: นักลงทุนควรให้ความสำคัญกับสิ่งใดมากที่สุด?
KeyAI